Wednesday 10 August 2011

Lust-have #7: Chelsea Boots

Before I begin, I just want to say that my thoughts are with everyone and anyone affected by the riots of the past week, I've been seeing my home town destroyed and it's been very difficult. Hoping all my followers and your loved ones, and their loved ones are keeping safe.

Anyway, today I woke up and saw winter outside my window, the floor was damp, there were dark clouds above and I wanted to put my dressing gown on because it was a bit chilly at 6.30am. I dressed (pretty much) in all black today, potentially a subliminal nod to my mood over the past few days and how depressed this dark weather tends to make me, but it got me thinking about my winter wardrobe.

One of my favourite things about winter is being able to wear boots, I maybe don't like it as much as Christmas, my birthday or wearing my fur coats, but I definitely prefer them to the infinite amounts of snow we seem to be getting in recent years. I have a small but varied collection including Cowboy, Knee Length and Wellies but the Chelsea Boot has always evaded my affections due to the fact I have a real pair of riding boots upstairs which are covered in mud and smell a bit (a lot) like horses. I've never thought of the style being fashionable, just practical, but I don't think my brown and worn in pair are right for outdoor wear for a budding fashionista like myself. Ahem.

I've been mainly obsessing over Topshop pairs, they definitely have some great variations on the traditional style and I've chosen these three which are really making me lust:


Chelsea Boots

Don't you just love them? Sigh. Let's just pause for moment to lust over their classic beauty. I think I would really like to splash out on a pair of the Aldgate's in black, and I have a £20 Topshop voucher ready to spend so it could happen?

Do you like Chelsea boots? Point me in the direction of your favourite pair!

3 comments:

daisychain said...

it must happen! they are gorgeous x

Laura said...

I'm so in love. Hoping I can afford to buy them next month! :D x

K said...

I'm very much in love with the studded ones! They're gorgeous! I love boots, but I've decided whatever boots I buy this year must have grip on them so if it does snow again (I'm praying that it won't) I will be prepared! xx
Sirens and Bells

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...